• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

getting rid of stretchmarks

Macee

Bluelighter
I think this is the best place for this.

Hey everyone :),
I'm a 19 year old male and I seem to have a severe stretchmark problem. About a year and a half ago I weighed 110kg at a height of 179cm (5ft 11"). I started developing stretchmarks which made me realise my weight is wayy to high. So I lost weight . 2 months later I weighed 80kg, yeah, lost it quite fast. I now weigh 85kg although still quite fat, nowhere near what I used to be. But while I was losing eight the stretchmarks kept on getting worse, I guess it was stretching no matter what lol.

So I was just wondering if anyone here knows a good solution for it? How the hell do I get rid of them? I am extremely self conscious of them and my mum publically embarrasing me infront of some family members didnt help...thanks mum -_-.

I'm not really quite sure how to get rid of them...they have a ton of cocoa butter creams on the market, and other things normally geared towards women who had been pregnant to get rid of stretch marks. I just wanted to post to tell ya that when I dropped 50 lbs (30 was sudden) my stretchmarks got WAY worse. I understand you are self conscious about them but, even at only 23, I find that most of my male and female friends have some, and they aren't really anything to be embarrassed about.

You can think of them as any type of scar. There are lots of topical creams on the market to help make them fade but they will never really go away completely. I have some on the inside of my thighs and the worst on my biceps from when I was on crutches at the beginning of highschool after breaking my ankle.

I've never tried any creams, but a good diet and keeping your metabolism pumping with exercise definitely helps. The most importantly thing of all though is time.

I've had these for a year, and they've faded from the blueish colour to the shiny Whiteish colour. Do the creams work? That's why I asked here its just all advertisments on the net...
also I have them fairly bad, it covers over 220 degrees of my stomach, they're the ones I'm most self conscious about.

I totally thought you were a girl. Hehe. :)

Have you heard of Emu oil? I think it is literally Emu fat... not sure if you're vegan or anything. But if you're open to using it and can afford it *it's a little expensive* it might be something to try. I've never used it but a long time ago I read a lot about it and it is supposed to do miracle stuff for scars. Perhaps it would help stretch marks too.

Also, start dry skin brushing. Your skin will heal and repair as it gets circulation. This will help.

Haha yeah I should probably make a new account, macee is just a little silly lol.

I'm not vegan and will definately look into emu oil. Hope its not too costly :\

In my experience, as a male, stretchmarks will always be there, no matter what you do. Just get comfortable and live with them. It's easy enough for me to explain to people who ask, "Yeah. I was a fat ass for a while. That is why I have stretchmarks on my inner, upper arms." I am no longer a fat ass at all, so that explanation works just fine for me. Sometimes, your body goes through things and the evidence of those things will be with you forever. This is just a part of life. Get used to it. Move on. Scars don't always go away, either.

Just focus on keeping yourself healthy and happy. The people who should really matter to you in life won't care so much about stretchmarks. You can go ahead and waste tons of money on getting rid of stretchmarks like I did and get no results. Save yourself the money. Just learn to be comfortable with yourself. :) I work out (not to body build, but to stay healthy and fit), and no ladies have really ever given a crap that I have some stretch marks from when I used to be fat. The thing that women pay the most attention to now is that I have an education, have a brain, have a job, and do what I can to stay fit and healthy and happy.

The USA is super-obsessed with image and glimmering white teeth, and other unrealistic ideals. Get used to yourself, while trying to improve yourself and be the best that you can be, and the rest will follow.

Worry more about improving yourself, exercising, eating well, and you'll do well, I think. If you are happy and comfortable with yourself you will probably have no trouble finding someone who loves you for who you are. That person won't really give a damn about your stretch marks, I think, if she (or he) is worth being in a relationship with.

This is only my opinion based on my own life experience. Please continue to read the replies of others: I don't know everything and I am not representative of everyone on this planet. Don't be so hard on yourself, though. When I tell people that I used to be a fat ass they don't believe me, and most people don't even notice my stretchmarks until I point them out. :)

thanks for the great reply :)

I know what your saying is right, I shouldn't be ashamed of them but these are quite pronounced, and being a 19 year old male it kinda destroys my confidence, I find it embarrasing to have sex with a girl (one night stands) and avoid them a fair bit. :/

(Avoiding one night stands might be a good thing)

I'm going to try the dry brushing thing, i know a few ppl have told me that has helped with c section scars. I have BAD stretch marks on my stomach from being pregnant o god they're hideous! I feel your pain!